People are feeling helpless in the current economic scenario. Severe recession and unemployment are adding to their woes. As is pointed out by an expert, "the world economy is more globally linked and so is the spread of ill-effects." So, there is no wonder that the disturbing political situation prevailing in the Middle East is negatively impacting the oil prices throughout the world. Under these circumstances, if you can get a good gas mileage, you will definitely love it. But, for getting it, you need to maintain your vehicle well and do smart driving. You can follow these tips for achieving it.
- You should remember that deciding not to buy a new vehicle can be the wisest decision in the present situation. It is better to have your existing car by extending its life instead of dumping it and going for a new vehicle.
- Though you may love to use your accelerator and drive aggressively, you should not forget the fact that such an aggressive driving makes your engine, brakes and tires wear more quickly. You are advised to maintain a steady speed and be proactive in anticipating stops. Your process of acceleration should also be gradual. These steps will improve the gas mileage of your vehicle. Apart from this, you should regularly check the tire pressure and keep it at the recommended levels. If you think that the tires have become bald, you should immediately replace them. Good tires are a great prescription for having a good gas mileage.
- Likewise, the motor of your vehicle will run efficiently only if it is properly tuned. Automotive experts suggest that you should get the motor regularly tuned up so as to save gas. You should also check the oxygen sensor because a faulty sensor can reduce the mileage even up to 40 per cent. Some people consider high-quality synthetic motor oil as expensive and hesitate to use it. But, they can not be more wrong because this oil contains energy-saving compounds and so, it can save a lot of energy.
- You should also reduce the weight on your car trunk. Your car should not be burdened with more weight. It makes your car engine work harder and this is sure to affect your gas mileage.
- Idling the engine on signals, other stops or whenever you are waiting for some one will waste a lot of energy and this can eat up your gas mileage. If you foresee that the waiting time will be more than 20 seconds, you should proactively turn off your engine. This saves a lot of energy.
- You can plan to have combined trips. Even for commuting to and from the office, you can have arrangements with your friends and colleagues. Likewise, you should combine several tasks while using your vehicle. Using your car for every single task will increase your gas bill.
- Gas mileage is reduced if you use your car Air-conditioner also. On nice pleasant days, when the weather is cool, you can roll down the windows and enjoy the freshness of natural air. You should use the AC only when there is a scorching heat.
- Last but not the least, your car should be cleaned regularly if you want to get a good gas mileage. You now have "waterless" car cleaning sprays and polishes by using which you can effectively remove the dust on your vehicle and inside the vehicle without water.
By following the above tips religiously, you can save energy and can get a good gas mileage.
Raman Kuppuswamy writes articles on various topics and his articles contain a lot of useful information. You may kindly visit http://www.blogger.com/profile/11388339850449905695 and http://hubpages.com/profile/dreamdamodar for reading his articles on many other topics.